Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This from our local area newspaper. Note that the blueberries in this recipe are of the dried variety. Not Fresh.!!
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend well.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy and creamy.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and the dried blueberries.
- Mix well.
- Drop by rounded T. onto ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and crispy on the edges.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on rack.
Made these today and absolutely loved them, the addition of blueberries really kicks up the flavor, these baked out beautifully and will be a definate repeater, thank you Sue, these were made for KK's forum Tag game
This rates a 5 because it' just heavenly in taste. and a 3 for the dough consistency and work ability so I split the difference. I didn't have any blueberries so I cut dried apricots to blueberry size and they worked great. I chopped beautiful deep dark chocolate for the chips. For the sugars I used 1/4 cup of Splenda and 2 Tbsp of Splenda Brown Sugar. All else was by the recipe except I added the pudding (sugar free) to the flour mix to keep it from instantly clumping into a gob of goo when mixed with the butter and eggs. I'm glad that I did because it still gave the dough a very strange texture/consistency. It was like working with .....well..oily pudding. It couldn't have been dropped into nicely shaped cookies. I ended up forming the dough into balls by hand and flattening them on the sheet. I should also mention that fruit and chocolate had to be worked into the mix as it couldn't be easily stirred in as the dough was too solid. The baking time was 16 to 18 mins for me. Once made they are truly scrumptious! They are large cookies and I have already eaten 3, so I'm going to to go put the rest in the freezer right now in self defense. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.