Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a TOH bonus book and it sounds great. I am always looking for ways to add extra fruit or veggies to or meals. It sounds like a nice cool summer meal that I can't wait to try in a pita or croissant. I think this would be a great appetizer on endive leaves.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (6 ounce) carton lemon yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- bibb lettuce (optional)
- Set aside a few blueberries for garnish.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, celery, red pepper, onions and remaining blueberries.
- Combine the yogurt, mayo and salt; drizzle over the chicken mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. top with reserved blueberries.
Loved this salad. I prepared the chicken using this method--Cooked Chicken for Recipes - Barefoot Contessa Style. Used my dad's homegrown blueberries. The lemon yogurt/mayo dressing was a nice light touch that didn't overpower. Perfect summertime lunch. Thanks for sharing.
This is one terrific salad. It's so quick and totally delicious that you can enjoy it in mine. I made the rest of the salad while the diced chicken cooked. It's a perfect solution for a light meal and it tastes wonderful. Loved the blueberries. I had everything except peppers in the house so I just skipped them and I don't thing I missed anything by not having them. A real spring and summer treasure.
Delightfully different chicken salad. I loved the addition of the lemon yogurt! This will be really good during the hot summer months.....look forward to enjoying it again. Thanks for sharing.