Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and tasty chicken salad with healthy blueberries.
Make and share this Blueberry Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 cups lettuce or 2 cups spinach leaves
- Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, hot pepper sauce and salt.
- Stir in chicken, celery and blueberries.
- Add tarragon and toss lightly. Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plates.
- Spoon salad over lettuce leaves.
I liked everything about this recipe except the fresh tarragon was just too overpowering for my taste. It was so dominant that I couldn't get past it. I would significantly reduce the amount to maybe 1/2 T. or try this with another fresh milder herb. I do love the idea of blueberries in chicken salad. Thanks.
I really liked the idea of this recipe, but being a vegetarian, I had to make one pretty major change. I was going to cut up some fake chicken strips for the salad, but instead, I drained and rinsed a can of kidney beans. For some reason, fruit and beans taste awesome to me. The only thing I would change is to maybe just use 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, instead of the 2. It seemed a little too overpowering for my taste. It was good as a salad, I'm going to try leftovers in a sandwich tomorrow!
Not doubt about it ~ This is a simple-to-make, tasty salad! And how much more healthy can you get! The blueberries added an interesting addition to the taste without being overly tart or sweet. I let the mustard do the heat for me & included only a very small dash of hot pepper sauce! Yet another great way to serve up chicken breasts! Many thanks!