Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Williamsburg Farmer's Market website
Make and share this Blueberry Chicken Breast recipe from Food.com.
- Dust chicken breasts with cajun spice.
- Saute in olive oil over medium high heat until brown and cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- In pan, saute onion and garlic until translucent, careful to not overcook garlic, scraping the bits from pan.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add blueberries, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, let rest off heat for 5 minutes to let flavors develop. Serve over the chicken breast.
I made this with a whole chicken. I just rubbed the outside with the cajun seasoning, put the chicken in an oven bag then sprinkled the inside and outside with the seasonings. Quartered the onion, put 1/2 inside and the rest outside the chicken. Did the same for the blueberries then poured the wine in the bottom of the bag. The taste was so good. Not too overpowering, but not too suttle. Though the flavor did get weaker towards the middle of the meat, so I think next time I'll try and skin the chicken before I start. In the end this added a beautiful summer flavor. Thanks SweetSue.