Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this from Cookie Collection cookbook. Originally calls for Cherry, but i think blueberries taste better. A nice twist to the crust because it has coconut in them
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup walnuts, divided
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (I use dessicated)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- Finely chop 1/2 c walnuts (for crust) and coursely chop the other half (topping).
- Combine all purpose flour, brown sugar, finely chopped walnuts,coconut
- Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 3/4 c for topping.
- Press remaining in lined 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 350° for 12-15 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Beat 2 (8 oz) cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar. Then eggs one at a time. Mixing well after each. Add vanilla.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on hot baked crust. Bake 15 minutes or until set.
- Spread blueberry filling.
- Combine coarsely chop walnuts and reserved topping and sprinkle on top of blueberry filling.
- Bake another 15 minutes.
- Chill several hours before serving.
These are great. DH would like more topping next time I make them. Thanks
Jeez, this is yet another recipe that I made for a catering job years ago, and just never reviewed it. I'm starting to feel kind of bad, and wondering if people have made and forgotten to review some of my recipes. I rememeber loving this recipe; along with all the guests at the party. When I first made these to taste them I was a little nervous that they would be to messy as a finger food (the party that I catered was supposed to be all finger foods). The recipe was too good to not use, though, so I just asked if it was alright to have this dessert be on a plate. It wasn't a problem, and they were a huge hit. Thank you for this recipe, and sorry it took so long to review! :)
This was wonderful. My family just loves blueberries and they loved this. I agree blueberries is probably the better choice but I want to try these with cherry pie filling. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.