1/1 Photo of Blueberry Cherry Lime Jam (Bread Machine)
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
What do you do with a boring day, 3 partial pints of blueberries, and too many cherries? You make jam! It started as most of my recipes do, with a whim. I realized I didn't have enough blueberries for blueberry jam. I had raspberries and blackberries, but I didn't want to put berries that would hide the blueberry taste. Ah HA! I had cherries! I hate pitting cherries, but for this recipe it's worth it. If you don't have a bread machine, no worries! Just use the timing found in other jam recipes that call for pectin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash your berries and pit your cherries! Hey, that rhymes!
- 2I use organic dried cane sugar or sucanat for my sweetener, but regular sugar will do fine too.
- 3Wash your lime and roll it under your hand on the counter top to help it release more juice. You can also put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or so, then roll it.
- 4Juice the lime. Sure you can use juice from a bottle, but fresh makes a difference. Plus you get real lime zest. Lime zest is hard to find in the spice section, at least around here.
- 5Zest the lime until you get at least a teaspoon. I also added a few thin strips of lime peel (try not to get much pith -the white part-) because I love candied citrus peel.
- 6Put into your pan in order, sugar, pectin, berries, then lime. The breadmaker commandments say it matters. I didn't do it that way because I am a rebel and it turned out fine.
- 7Put your bowl into the breadmaker. Turn it to the jam setting. Let her rip! Check it at about 5 minutes in then maybe 5 minutes later, just to make sure nothing is sticking to the side. Other than that, it's like magic and does it without your input.
- 8Go for a run, watch an episode of your favorite TV drama, or chill for about 90 minutes.
- 9When your jam is done, open the bread machine and let it cool for quite awhile because hot fruit burns are NASTY!
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cherry Lime Jam (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 46
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: