Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A tasty jelly to go on toast, muffins or scones.
- Crush blueberries in bottom of large saucepan.
- Pit cherries, mash, and add to blueberries.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes keeping pan covered.
- Remove from heat and place in jelly bag and allow juices to drip.
- Combine recovered juices with sugar in a deep saucepan and mix well till sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and add pectin.
- Hold at the boil for 1 full minute while stirring constantly.
- Skim off foam and pour into hot, sterile jelly jars and seal.
- Process in water bath 5 minutes.