Recipe by *Z*
I got this recipe from an internet search. It said it was exported from MasterCook from Kraft General Foods. It is very easy to make and is excellent jam. The recipe called for sour cherries, but I used sweet ones and it turned out wonderfully. Very nice blend of flavors.
Top Review by distephens
This is one of the best jams that I've ever tasted! I altered the recipe to make it low sugar. I added 2/3 cup of no-sugar added apple juice to the pot with the blueberries, cherries, and pectin (I used 3 tbsp of Ball's low or no sugar needed pectin). Then I added just 1 cup of sugar. It was just sweet enough and the combination of the blueberries and cherries is wonderful!
- 2 cups fully ripe blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherries
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 box sure-jell powdered fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure berries, then crush; pit and finely chop cherries then measure.
- Mix fruit into 8 qt pot.
- Add pectin to fruit in pot.
- Bring to a full boil over high heat.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Return to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, skim off any foam and ladle into hot jars.
- Wipe jar rims and threads, top with two piece lids, tighten lids.
- Process for 10 minutes in hot water bath.