5 hrs 35 mins
5 hrs 15 mins
This is a very dense, creamy, and not overly sweet cheesecake. The method is based on the method in I Love Cheesecake by Mary Crownover. I was extremely skeptical of this baking method at first, but it works perfectly. You do not need a water bath, but you may want to wrap or line the bottom of the pan anyway, as I found some of the butter from the crust did leak out. It is very important not to overbeat after adding the eggs, as this can cause circular cracks. This cheesecake freezes beautifully. Time includes cooling time but not overnight chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cookie crumbs, from Keebler Sandies, any flavor (about 14 cookies)
- 3 -4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature (32 ounces total)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well.
- 3Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9" springform pan.
- 4Beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch together until light and creamy.
- 5Add eggs one at a time, beating on medium speed after each addition, just until mixed. Do not overbeat. Do not beat on high speed.
- 6Mix in lime zest and vanilla extract.
- 7Fold in blueberries. Mixture will be thick.
- 8Spoon or pour filling into crust.
- 9Bake 15 minutes.
- 10Reduce oven temperature to 200°F.
- 11Continue to bake for 2 hours, or until filling is firm but still slightly jiggly in center.
- 12Remove from oven and turn oven off.
- 13Carefully run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- 14Return to oven and let cool for 2 hours.
- 15This is best if refrigerated overnight at this point to let the flavors blend.
- 16Combine preserves, cornstarch and lime juice in a small saucepan.
- 17Cook over low heat until bubbly and thickened, 7-10 minutes.
- 18Let cool slightly and spread over top of cheesecake.
- 19Chill at least one hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cheesecake With a Hint of Lime
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.3
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.0 mg
- Sodium 295.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: