Recipe by Lightly Toasted
I was in the mood for a trifle, but have to watch sugars and fats, and I really wanted something "cool" tasting. This has a mild lemon flavor to complement the blueberries....they go so well together!
Top Review by Pepper Monkey
Excellent recipe! I found the combination of blueberries and lemon flavoring a perfectly sinful treat. I would love to make this again with rasberries and lemon flavors to see if that is a good combo as well. Thanks for the easy and yummy triffle recipe. BF gobbled it up in a heart beat!
- 1 pint freshly washed blueberries (fresh is better than frozen, texture-wise)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese (low-fat cream cheese)
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip Lite
- 8 ounces angel food cake, cubed (1/2 of a round cake or a whole loaf-shaped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the 2 pkgs of nuefchatel cheese and the lemon jello.
- Lightly beat in 1 container of CoolWhip.
- Layer 1/2 of the angel food cake cubes on the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Top with 1/2 the cream cheese mixture, 1/2 the blueberries, and 1/2 of the CoolWhip.
- Repeat, reserving a few blueberries for garnishing on the top.
- Trifles are a great make-ahead dessert.
- This is best if it gets to sit for a few hours.