Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
If you like blueberries you'll love this one. Picked this up from Our Cook.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- 1419.57 ml blueberries
- Combine flour and powdered sugar; add butter, mixing well. Pat dough out in a 14 inch pizza pan; bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well and spread on cooled crust. Chill.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan; add water, mixing until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thickened (about 5 minutes) stirring constantly. Add blueberries. Cool completely.
- Spread blueberry mixture over cream cheese layer; chill, cut into wedges to serve.
This is a fabulous recipe! I do agree with the other commenter who said to double the cornstarch so that the berries gel up nicely. Also, I double the crust mixture to make it a little bit thicker and so that you can make nice thick edges. My whole family loves this desert, it's a great find!
I have made this twice now (this week!) because we liked it so much. It tastes really great. It's creamy and just wonderful.The first time, I followed this one exactly as written and I had a few technical difficulties. Here were the changes I made the second time: I doubled the cornstarch because I had a hard time with the blueberries gelling up the first time. It was perfect the second time and even better the next day. I also greased my pan REALLY well the second time because I had a hard time getting it out the first time. My little girl and DH inhaled this BOTH times and the first time they had quite a good old time laughing and giggling while we were trying to get it out of the pan. All in all we loved it! Thanks so much for posting this one. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.