This is a very yummy rich blueberry pie--nice presentation when you have guests. My daughter-in-law gave me the recipe years ago.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling (you can use canned wild blueberries instead of pie filling)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Pie Crust: Sift flour, salt, sugar into 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine oil and milk in a cup.
- Pour onto flour mixture; mix and form pie crust.
- Poke crust with fork (holes).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pie Filling: Stir cream cheese to soften.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon filling into baked pastry shell.
- Top with blueberry pie filling or blueberries.
- Chill to set--enjoy.
Very good pie. It has a nice light flavor and set up well. I was worried that the large amount of powdered sugar might make this too sweet, however it was perfect. I used my own pie crust for this and only made the filling. Update: Since I first made this pie, my daughter has not stopping talking about it. She thinks this is the best blueberry pie ever & kept sneaking pieces of it out of the fridge until it was gone.
I've made this recipe over and over again and consistently have to make more than one at a time because it's gone in a flash. Been using this particular recipe for years and finally took some time to comment on it. WONDERFUL.
I used my own pie crust recipe, so this rating is only for the filling. I found 1 cup of sugar too sweet so I cut it down to 3/4 cup (granulated, not icing sugar). It was perfect and didn't drown out the cheese flavor. This is also great even without the blueberry topping. Just dress it up with some fresh strawberries!