Recipe by Barb G.
This is a very yummy rich blueberry pie--nice presentation when you have guests. My daughter-in-law gave me the recipe years ago.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very good pie. It has a nice light flavor and set up well. I was worried that the large amount of powdered sugar might make this too sweet, however it was perfect. I used my own pie crust for this and only made the filling. Update: Since I first made this pie, my daughter has not stopping talking about it. She thinks this is the best blueberry pie ever & kept sneaking pieces of it out of the fridge until it was gone.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling (you can use canned wild blueberries instead of pie filling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Pie Crust: Sift flour, salt, sugar into 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine oil and milk in a cup.
- Pour onto flour mixture; mix and form pie crust.
- Poke crust with fork (holes).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pie Filling: Stir cream cheese to soften.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon filling into baked pastry shell.
- Top with blueberry pie filling or blueberries.
- Chill to set--enjoy.