Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is absolutely WONDERFUL !! Every summer, for 9 years now, I hope to find this Ice Cream flavor back on the menu at my favorite Ice Cream shop. But alas, I have finally found the recipe myself! Thanks to Melissa Symington from Neche, North Dakota! You will NOT be sorry you made this! I did not include the time to freeze the ice cream in the prep time as all ice cream makers are different...
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For Berry Mix:.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water until smooth.
- Stir in blueberries and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- For "Crust" Mix:.
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in butter.
- Pat into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Ice Cream Mix:.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the "cream mixture" ingredients.
- Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Whisk before adding to ice cream freezer (mixture will have some lumps).
- Crumble the graham cracker mixture.
- In a large container, layer the ice cream, graham cracker mixture and blueberry sauce three times; swirl.
- Freeze in airtight freezer container.
Incredible! I made it with Oreo Cookies'n Cream pudding mix. It was so amazing. I served it with fresh blueberries and chocolate fudge sauce. Everyone loved it and it was so easy to make and store ahead. Thank you for this! You could also substitute chocolate cookie crumbs for the graham ones. Try this recipe!!!