This is absolutely WONDERFUL !! Every summer, for 9 years now, I hope to find this Ice Cream flavor back on the menu at my favorite Ice Cream shop. But alas, I have finally found the recipe myself! Thanks to Melissa Symington from Neche, North Dakota! You will NOT be sorry you made this! I did not include the time to freeze the ice cream in the prep time as all ice cream makers are different...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1/4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1For Berry Mix:.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- 3Gradually stir in water until smooth.
- 4Stir in blueberries and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 7For "Crust" Mix:.
- 8In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Stir in butter.
- 10Pat into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 12Ice Cream Mix:.
- 13Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the "cream mixture" ingredients.
- 14Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 15Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- 16Whisk before adding to ice cream freezer (mixture will have some lumps).
- 17Crumble the graham cracker mixture.
- 18In a large container, layer the ice cream, graham cracker mixture and blueberry sauce three times; swirl.
- 19Freeze in airtight freezer container.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix