1 hr 10 mins
Modified slightly from http://kitchenmeetsgirl.com/blueberry-cheesecake-galette/ as seen on facebook. Recipe originally from Food Network. If you need a simple yet stunning dessert, try this blueberry cheesecake galette. Serve it warmed topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel preferred)
- 1 egg yolk (for cheesecake filling)
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg (beaten, for crust)
- coarse sugar (for sprinkling on crust)
- 1Unroll the (room temperature) refrigerated pie crust and place it on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2While your pie crust is chilling, make your blueberry filling: in a medium bowl, toss together the blueberries, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl make your cheesecake filling: whisk together cream cheese, egg yolk, the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the nutmeg.
- 4Spread half of the cheesecake mixture over the top of the unrolled pie crust, leaving a 1 ½ inch border.
- 5Top with blueberries, and fold the edges of the crust over the filling.
- 6Spread the rest of the cheesecake mixture over the top of the berries and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 7Place an inverted cookie sheet in the lower third of your oven and preheat oven to 425.
- 8Brush the edges of the crust with a beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 9Place baking sheet with the galette on it directly on top of the inverted cookie sheet.
- 10Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crust is golden. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
- 11Serves 6-8, with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cheesecake Galette
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 285.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g