Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich and fruity.
Filling Between Pancakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup maple syrup or 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- Filling Between Pancakes: In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat in whipped topping just until smooth.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Syrup: Combine syrup and berries in a small saucepan; heat just to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Pancakes: In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, and melted margarine or butter.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in the 1 cup of blueberries.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet.
- Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown, turning when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry.
- For each serving, stack 3 or 4 pancakes, spreading a little cream cheese mixture between pancakes.
- Top with blueberry syrup.
- Store remaining cream cheese mixture in refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- You also may serve the blueberry syrup in a separate container and let the guest decide if they want it or regular syrup because it is very rich with the blueberry syrup.
- This mix is also very good for regular pancakes by just leaving out the blueberries and not using the filling between the pancakes.
Good recipe, although there is no way that you will get 16 pancakes using 1/4 cup of batter each. I used a little less than 1/4 cup and got 8 pancakes. This is quite sweet and we ate is like a dessert.