Recipe by diner524
Another recipe from TOH which I had marked to try and now posting here for safe keeping. This is almost a dessert for breakfast.
Top Review by ForeverMama
These pancakes were awesome. My family and I enjoyed them a whole lot. I initially had my doubts with the cream cheese topping but it was delish and a great addition. Will be made again at my house. Made it for CQ3 - New York, 2016.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- additional blueberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Spread topping over pancakes. Top with warm syrup; sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (3/4 cup topping).
- Editor’s Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before adding to the pancake batter. Be sure to thaw any berries used in the optional garnish.