Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another recipe from TOH which I had marked to try and now posting here for safe keeping. This is almost a dessert for breakfast.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- additional blueberries (optional)
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Spread topping over pancakes. Top with warm syrup; sprinkle with additional blueberries if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (3/4 cup topping).
- Editor’s Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before adding to the pancake batter. Be sure to thaw any berries used in the optional garnish.
These were delightful! I was hoping to get these made for the Culinary Quest, but I just didn't have enough time to squeeze them in until now. It's been a rough week, so I decided what the heck, I was gonna make them anyway (I've been eyeballing this since round 3!). Really good, very tender fluffy pancakes, and the cheesecake topping is great here. I agree with Dienia, watch your cook temp, or you'll have very browned pancakes. I served these with real maple syrup and some extra blueberries. Very indulgent, and the perfect breakfast treat for a lazy Sunday morning (although I tried mine on a not-so-lazy Friday morning, but whatever, lol). Thanks for posting, definitely a keeper!
omg these are good . try these. cook on low though. topping is a must
Wnat a most unusual recipe, & what outstandingly tasty pancakes it makes, too! Prepared this using fresh berries & it is a total winner in my book ~ Definitely a keeper, too! I used a light corn syrup right out of the bottle this time around, but & sure they were be just as tasty with pure maple syrup warmed up! Thanks for a very satisfying breakfast! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]