Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A different kind of fudge! Cook time is the blueberry drying time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine (1/2 stick)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (or small 5 oz. can)
- 10 -12 ounces vanilla chips
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into small chunks
- 5 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried blueberries
- lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract (imitation)
- To dry blueberries:.
- Toss 1-2 cups of blueberries with lemon juice, then spread on waxed paper.
- Make a small cut or hole in each blueberry and let dry for 1 day (until roughly the consistency of fresh raisins).
- Line a 9x9 pan with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Heat milk at medium setting until warm then add sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil while stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Add the marshmallow creme and butter.
- Bring back to a rolling boil for 5 1/2 minutes by the clock (start timing once the boil resumes).
- Add the cream cheese to the boiling mixture about 1 minute before the end of the boil.
- If you get brown flakes in the mixture turn down the heat a little.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla chips and blueberries.
- Stir until creamy and all chips are melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract and butter flavor.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into prepared pan.
- Remove from pan, remove foil and cut into squares.