Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
i love mark bittman's simple tasty recipes. this is great on a hot summer day. taste the batter- if it's not sweet enough you can add up to 1/4 cup sugar.
- 16 graham cracker squares, crushed (8 whole crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup ground pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 1 lemon, zest of, freshly grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, if needed, up to 1/4 cup (optional)
- Combine crushed graham crackers, nuts if using, and melted butter.
- Press evenly into bottom of an 8- or 9-inch square pan (glass is good) to form a crust about 1/4-inch thick.
- Put in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Using a standing or hand mixer, or a whisk, combine cream cheese, ricotta, honey, lemon rind and salt, and blend until smooth. taste and add sugar, to taste.
- Spread cheese mixture carefully and evenly over crust, using a spatula or butter knife to smooth top.
- Cover with fresh blueberries and chill for at least an hour, or until set.
- Cut into squares or bars and serve.