Recipe by Feingold Mom
This is a basic cheesecake recipe that I have added the blueberries to. I also love this with strawberry jam or pineapple jam.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup blueberry preserves
hot shortbread base (see below)
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and whisk in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Evenly spread preserves over hot shortbread and pour cream cheese mixture over it. Bake in middle of oven until slightly puffed, about 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan and cut into 24 bars. Bar cookies keep, covered and chilled, for 3 days.
- Shortbread base.
- 1 ½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- For Shortbread base, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut butter into ½-inch pieces. In a food processor, process all ingredients until mixture begins to form small lumps. Sprinkle mixture into a 13” x 9” x 2” baking pan with a metal spatula, pressing evenly onto bottom. Bake shortbread in middle of oven until golden, about 20 minutes.