Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Although the original of this recipe was found in May 2001 issue of Family Circle Quick & Easy Good Food in Minutes, I made sure these were packed with blueberries! Preparation time does not include the time needed for the finished product to cool down & chill!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup cereal, crushed (I use Honey Bunches of Oats)
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 13"x9" baking pan.
- SET ASIDE 1/2 CUP OF THE CAKE MIX,
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining mix, crushed oats, just 1 of the eggs & only 1/4 cup of the butter, then press this mixture into the bottom & slightly up the sides of the greased baking pan.
- In second mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar & the remaining 2 eggs until smooth, then spread this mixture onto the crust.
- In a third mixing bowl, combine the pie filling & the thawed blueberries, then spread this carefully over the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the reserved 1/2 cup of cake mix with the chopped pecans & sprinkle this on top of the blueberries.
- Finally, drizzle the last 1/4 cup of melted butter over the nuts-&-cake-mix combo, & bake for 35 minutes.
- Set the baking pan on a wire rack & let cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator before cutting into bars.
Oh my heavens! This was delicious! My DH loves, loves, loves blueberries, and I love, love, love my DH so.. this was for him! He kept sneaking into the fridge for "just a little bite!" I will be making this again soon! Thanks Syd!