Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Cheesecake Extraordinaire; posted by request
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- The crust: in a bowl, stir together the crumbs and sugar; add in the melted butter.
- Stir until well combined; press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- The filling: in a big bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in eggs and egg yolk one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in whipping cream, vanilla, and lemon peel.
- Fold in blueberries; pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes; decrease temperature to 225° and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- *I always bake cheesecake in a water-bath; this method is untried by me, so proceed at your own risk.