Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
By request a recipe for cheesecake from GH!
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 full graham cracker sheets)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups glaceed blueberries (recipe follows)
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, using a mixer set at low speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until very smooth-- about 30 minutes.
- Bake the cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean-- about 1 hour.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Run a knife around the sides of the pan and unmold cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Glaced Blueberries:.
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries.
- 1 Cup water.
- 1 Cup sugar.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch.
- 1 tbls. lemon juice
- Simmer berries, 2/3 cup water for 3 minutes. Blend sugar, cornstarch and 1/3 cup water, then add to boiling mixture. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon juice and stir. Cool.
- Spoon Glaced Blueberries over the top of cheesecake and drizzle remaining berry syrup over the sides of the cake.