Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
The blueberry sauce makes this cheesecake so don't leave it out! It's very yummy! Also, this turns out best if you use Philadelphia cream cheese and breakstone sour cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 1⁄2 cups blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In the workbowl of a food processor, combine 2 1/2 cups blueberries and 1 tbs cornstarch. Process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool, reserving 1/2 cup mixture for glaze.
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in remaining 2 tbs cornstarch and salt.
- Pour batter into crust. Spoon cooled blueberry mixture over batter and GENTLY swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, 2 tbs sugar, vanilla. Stir until blended, and spread over cooled cheesecake.
- Return to oven, bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Gently run a knife around edges to release sides. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a saucepan combine reserved blueberry mixture, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup blueberries. Set aside to cool.
- Remove sides of springform pan to serve.
- Spoon blueberry sauce over cake.
I made this for Father's Day weekend and my husband loved it!!! Very rich and delicious!!! Thanks!