Recipe by SpiceBunny
Creamy cheesecake recipe from the Riversong Lodge in Alaska. Start making one day ahead of time.
- 2 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-fruit blueberry jam
- 12 ounces baskets fresh blueberries or 12 ounces package frozen blueberries, thawed, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Make crust:.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F Wrap outside of 10-inch-diameter springform pan with heavy-duty foil. Combine all ingredients in processor. Blend using on/off turns just until crumbs are moist. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of prepared pan. Bake until crust begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer crust to rack and cool. Maintain oven temperature.
- Make filling:.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until will blended. Beat in flour. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Beat in sour cream, milk and vanilla. Pour filling into crust.
- Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake cheesecake until just set in center and top is slightly puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour. Turn off oven; keep door closed. Let cheesecake stand in oven 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from roasting pan. Refrigerate until cold, at least 6 hours. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Make topping:.
- Stir blueberry spread in large skillet over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Add blueberries; toss to coat. Spoon blueberry mixture over top of cake, spreading evenly. Chill until cold, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Run small sharp knife around sides of cake to loosen. Release pan sides. Transfer cake to platter. Cut into wedges.