My daughter and I had the most magical lunch in Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World with my daughter's aunt and cousin. The dessert that was served was simply amazing. I'm sure the atmosphere had something to do with it, but it was delicious. I found the recipe on a couple different Disney sites and after adding and changing a few things, this is my take on it. Even my husband, who is a pure chocoholic, loves it. Hope you try it!
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- lemon sorbet
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (I use a bit more)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin tins or use muffin cups.
- In medium bowl add melted butter. Whisk in milk, eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients together, then add milk mixture and stir until combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in blueberries. Divide batter among muffin pans.
- Fold lemon rind and lemon juice to the whipped cream cheese. Insert 1 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin.
- For topping, rub together all ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for 10-15 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm with lemon sorbet.
Amazing muffin with a lemon cream cheese center! I added 2 tablespoons sugar to the cheese mix.
This was melt in your mouth delicious! The lemon sorbet is a perfect pairing. I too am a chocoholic & these certainly grabbed my attention. Thanks for a great recipe!