Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A moist and not too sweet quickbread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan OR round 1 1/2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, orange rind and cheese and mix together.
- Add juice, melted butter and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until bread tests done with toothpick and is firm.
I really liked this bread. It's kind of savory from the cheese but sweet from the blueberries. Very different and yummy. Thank you Parsley