Recipe by Chef Lulubelle in New Brunswick, Canada
Had this recipe for ages, a family favorite for special occasions or a cool treat in the summer.
- 1 small jelly sponge roll
- 1 (7 g) package gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup lemonade
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur or 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups whipped cream or 2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice jelly roll into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a large glass bowl or mould, carefully arrange slices flat against bottom and sides of the bowl, leaving no spaces and extending one row slightly above the rim of the bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a seperate glass bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let soften for five minutes.
- Add lemonade and mix well.
- Add half the sugar to the gelatin mixture and stir until completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile beat whipping cream with remaining sugar until stiff.
- Incorporate blueberries into gelatin mixture and fold entirely into whipped cream.
- Spoon into jellyroll lined dish.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Loosen from bowl and invert on serving plate.
- Slice and serve.
- A blueberry sauce can be served as an accompaniment.