I found this recipe about 20 years ago in a magazine and have been making it ever since. It has always been a big hit whenever it is served, and it is TOO simple!! I have also tried it with other seasonal berries, and it is equally tasty.
- Mix together cornstarch and sugar in medium saucepan; stir in water, lime juice, and 1 cup blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream and remaining 1 cup blueberries into cooled mixture.
- Spoon into shell and chill.
- Can be garnished with any remaining blueberries and whipped cream.
Terrific pie for the summer! I made it with a graham cracker crust and everyone loved it.
Yummy! We thought this was terrific. It very rich and creamy and it's a beautiful purple/pink color. I used frozen blueberries and it worked out fine with those. Thanks, Jackie!
OUTSTANDING PIE! I followed your very easy recipe right on down though used a bit more of the berries than was indicated ~ I was generous with the blueberries on top of the cooled pie & now can't wait to do one with strawberries! Thanks for the great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]