Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I found this recipe about 20 years ago in a magazine and have been making it ever since. It has always been a big hit whenever it is served, and it is TOO simple!! I have also tried it with other seasonal berries, and it is equally tasty.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
What a delicious and easy pie to make and so pretty. The flavor is really wonderful and I loved that the pie is not overly sweet -- just perfect. My hubby ate two slices after dinner so I'm thinking he liked it too. : )
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 9 inches pie crusts, baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cornstarch and sugar in medium saucepan; stir in water, lime juice, and 1 cup blueberries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream and remaining 1 cup blueberries into cooled mixture.
- Spoon into shell and chill.
- Can be garnished with any remaining blueberries and whipped cream.