Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dog and husband both have severe food allergies, so finding soft training treats that they can both handle is a big challenge. After creating a liver dog treat, I decided to make a vegetarian version as well. The rosemary gives an aroma that our dog cannot resist!
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries (frozen is fine)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- Peel and cut the carrots into thumb-sized pieces. Steam until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the steamed carrots with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree.
- Line two 9x13" pans with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Divide the puree between the pans and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until cakes can easily lift off the foil or paper (the bottoms will be golden brown).
- Allow to cool and cut into small pieces using a knife or pizza cutter. For a medium sized dog, aim for pea-sized pieces.
- These treats may be frozen and thawed as needed.
Thank you from an allergy dog owner - super recipe to try! However, after reading your intro - I do need to know how they work in training husbands - I always thought they were of the "old dog-new tricks" variety!