If you like blueberries, you should try this. Creamy, delicious, and unique purple color. From Global Table Adventure. Makes 2 quarts so if you have a smaller ice cream maker you need to divide it and churn it in TWO batches. I used 1/4 t. cardamom and cardamom was very subtle. Notice that you need to chill blueberry mixture a long time-preferably overnight-I have not included that chilling in prep time. I have a 1.5 quart ice maker so did do it in two batches-but second batch did not get as solid b/c the cylinder had warmed up. Churning took about 25 minutes per batch. Next time I am going to reduce so it fits. This recipe has a different technique-fruit is chilled overnight; LATER cream and milk is added right before churning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, stir and simmer together the blueberries, water, sugar and CARDAMOM until the blueberries soften and the sugar dissolves —about 5-10 minutes.
- 2Chill completely in an ice bath or overnight.
- 3When the blueberry mix is sufficiently chilled, give them a buzz-whir with an immersion blender (or regular blender). You can keep a small scoop unblended for texture, if you’d like. Just keep in mind that large pieces of blueberry will freeze VERY HARD in the ice cream.
- 4Add the blueberry mixture to an ice cream maker with the cream and milk.
- 5Churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 6Eat immediately for soft serve or put in a container and freeze a few hours longer for a harder freeze.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cardamom Ice Cream from Iceland
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.6
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g