1/1 Photo of Blueberry Cake With Brown Sugar Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
Nova Scotia Cook's Note:
This recipe comes from a cookbook titled The First Batch of Treasured Recipes from Home by Kyla Pierik and was purchased at Apple Berry Farm Market in my hometown. The blueberry cake is warmed and then you pour the heated sauce over top. Some may find it a tad bit sweet, but in our household it was a definite winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the cake, cream sugar and shortening.
- 2Add egg and vanilla, mix and then add all dry ingredients alternately with milk, stirring to mix completely.
- 3Add blueberries last and pour into 9" x 9" baking dish.
- 4Bake for 35-40 minutes at 300 degree or until centre is set.
- 5For the sauce, mix brown sugar, flour and salt together in a saucepan.
- 6Add boiling water and cook over low heat until thickened.
- 7Add butter and vanilla last.
- 8Stir and serve over warm blueberry cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Cake With Brown Sugar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 272.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 3.5 g