Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like blueberries I need say no more. You can also put into muffin pan cook for 25 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries, lightly dusted with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter and sugar,add eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
- In an other bowl sift dry ingredients, Stir some of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then stir in some of the milk, alternating flour and milk until everthing is combined - without overmixing.
- Fold in blueberries gently.
- Pour into greased & floured baking pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes for muffins or 45-50 minutes for a loaf, dusting top with a little additional sugar before baking.
Great recipe! There are loads of blueberry cake & muffin recipes, and this one is one of the most delicious I have ever tried. I chose to make muffins and they puffed up so huge and lovely - so chock full of dark navy blue steaks of blueberries - really, I can see why she calls this "Blue" berry cake! These looked just like coffeehouse muffins but tasted much better. Note: Make sure you grease & flour the muffin tins very well - including the top of the pan, as the when making muffins, the tops grow over the sides a big (to create that great coffehouse look)and they can be tricky to remove. I let mine cool 30 minutes before attempting to retireve them from the pan and then gently loosened the tops and sides with a butter knife. One for the permanent recipe file at home for sure.
This is my second review and much more favorable than my first!!!!! thanks to some encouragement from the contributor. Was so surprised that we did not taste all the baking soda so perhaps it is the combination of it and the fresh milk. Whatever, they are great so thanks again for giving me the push to try them. Forgive the doubting Thomas......!!!!
These are VERY good! I think they are super sweet, though I don't eat a lot of added sugar so perhaps my palate is different than previous reviewers. Very moist and blueberry-y. I did make some adjustments though. 1.) white whole wheat flour (about 3/4 cup for every cup regular) 2.) 1/2 tsp cinnamon 3.) I filled the muffin pan almost to the very top! And 4.) took them out at 22 mins Thanks for the recipe!