Recipe by Rita~
If you like blueberries I need say no more. You can also put into muffin pan cook for 25 minutes.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Great recipe! There are loads of blueberry cake & muffin recipes, and this one is one of the most delicious I have ever tried. I chose to make muffins and they puffed up so huge and lovely - so chock full of dark navy blue steaks of blueberries - really, I can see why she calls this "Blue" berry cake! These looked just like coffeehouse muffins but tasted much better. Note: Make sure you grease & flour the muffin tins very well - including the top of the pan, as the when making muffins, the tops grow over the sides a big (to create that great coffehouse look)and they can be tricky to remove. I let mine cool 30 minutes before attempting to retireve them from the pan and then gently loosened the tops and sides with a butter knife. One for the permanent recipe file at home for sure.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temp)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries, lightly dusted with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar,add eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
- In an other bowl sift dry ingredients, Stir some of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then stir in some of the milk, alternating flour and milk until everthing is combined - without overmixing.
- Fold in blueberries gently.
- Pour into greased & floured baking pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes for muffins or 45-50 minutes for a loaf, dusting top with a little additional sugar before baking.