Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was bored and craving something sweet and all i had on hand was some frozen fresh blueberries. I threw some stuff together and this is what i ended up with.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder in large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together sugars and butter.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture one at time, incorporate well.
- Add milk and water to sugar/egg mixture, mix until creamy.
- Slowly add flour mix to wet ingredienta until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13X9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle top lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick insterted in middle comes out clean.
This is a more quick bread-like cake. It is not too sweet and the blueberries are definitely allowed to shine. Since I prefer a sweeter dessert, I might add a struesel topping. I halved the recipe and baked in a 9 inch dish.