Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe I found at www.elise.com/recipes. It's moist and flavorful despite the lack of any liquid ingredients. I took it to a potluck and everyone asked for the recipe!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained (may substitute frozen blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup of flour with the baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest in a mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Gradually add the flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the berries with the remaining teaspoon of flour and the lemon juice. Spoon the berry mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Dust the cake with confectioner's sugar before serving.