Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it some where from the internet a couple of years ago. You can use fresh blueberries in season. Add some water, cornstarch and sugar; cook slightly to thicken. Cool completely before adding to batter.
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 15 ounces blueberry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 13x9x2 cake pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs; beat 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except blueberries and beat until well combined.
- Place 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Spread blueberries on top.
- Add remaining batter on top of blueberries.
- Top with crumbs.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Crumb Topping:.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix with hands to form crumbs. Sprinkle on top of cake batter.
I had some Recipe #228641 left over after making a cheesecake, so I went searching for a recipe to use it up. I tossed in a few fresh berries as well. To keep it non-dairy, I used margarine and Tofutti sour cream. I used brownulated sugar for the topping. The batter was quite thick, which made it somewhat difficult to pour / spread into the pan... but it rose up wonderfully. Thanks for posting.