A wonderful brunch cake from the Joy of Baking website.
Make and share this Blueberry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F; butter an 8-inch spring form pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- For streusel topping combine flour, sugar and ground cinnamon in a large bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture, alternately with the milk and beat only until combined.
- Spread the batter onto the bottom of the prepared pan and sooth the top with a spatula.
- Evenly arrange the blueberries on top of the cake batter and then sprinkle with the streusel.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or room temperature.