Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Good Food Magazine, July 1987.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (or thawed frozen)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in mixing bowl. Whisk egg, buttermilk, and vanilla together in small bowl. Add buttermilk mixture and butter to flour mxiture and stir just until blended. Stir in blueberries.
- Heat oil on griddle over mediium-high heat. Spoon 1/3 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. Cook until top is full of bubbles; flip and cook until second side is golden brown. Serve hot.
Delicious! I used frozen, thawed blueberries and they worked perfectly. Thanks for a new light fluffy keeper of a recipe and congrats on your football win!
I love buttermilk pancakes. And with blueberries it was yummy. I used frozen blueberries that I defrosted in the microwave. Thanks Jackie :) Made for 123 hit wonders
I love this pancake recipe! I don't use the blueberries because my girls prefer chocolate chips, but the pancake batter is fantastic! They turn out so light and fluffy! I use margarine to grease the griddle instead of the oil. Gives it more flavor to me!! Thanks for my "only" pancake recipe!