This is my adopted recipe Feb 2005 I didn't change the recipe ingredients because 11 members found it good the way it was. I did add 1 teaspoon vanilla as suggested by 1 reviewer. I used 1/2 cup canola oil instead of butter. 2 heaping cups frozen blueberries mixed with a little of the flour mixture to make sure they didn't stick together. I made 6 giant muffins. Very good muffins. I had to bake mine for 35 minutes, they were so big.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and butter that has been melted and browned slightly.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients, mixing quickly.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups and bake till golden brown.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 -30 minutes.
I made these Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins for my boyfriend and his family. They loved them. It was so easy to make, and a big hit. My boyfriend''s Dad said that they tasted just like how his mom had made them when he was a boy. And now he is asking my boyfriend to ask me to make him other things. It is really great that something so easy made them so happy! But when 2 big guys are around I would say double the recipe if you want any to yourself!
A very good, no problems muffin recipe. I have to confess though, I didn't have any blueberries. I added chocolate chips and chopped banana to the batter mix. Came out fine and I think this is a good versatile recipe. Made 12 big muffins and only 20 minutes to bake.
I made these for 'zaars muffin day. Great tasting muffin, although I only got 10 big muffins and not the 24 as stated.