Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect for summer as the blueberries are in season. I just love blueberries! Serve with butter and syrup; garnish with berries. Makes 10 pancakes.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (plus more, softened, for skillet and serving)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for garnish
- pure maple syrup, for serving
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, 1 tablespoon butter, and 2 tablespoons oil; whisk into flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries- Set batter aside.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon butter and 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in 1/3 cup batter.
- Cook unti small bubbles form, about 3 minutes.
- Flip; cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter as needed.