Recipe by orphan71
This is one of the BEST whole grain bundt cake recipe's I've ever made. It is very moist, sweet and flavorful with 2 full cups of blueberries! NOTE:If you cannot find the following items at your grocery store, you'll be able to find them at your local health food store
- extra almond flour, for dusting the bundt pan
- pam butter-flavored cooking spray (for bundt pan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour (also called almond meal, It is cheaper to buy online, I buy at www.almondsonline.com)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (ie Arrowhead Mills)
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup unprocessed fine natural bran
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons bread enhancer (It will help to make your whole-grain baking lighter in texture)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups Splenda sugar substitute (the one that measure spoonful to spoonful like sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup soft margarine (i.e. Brand Canoleo or any other brand that is low in saturated fat and no hydrogenated oils)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup 1 1/2% buttermilk
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (frozen berries will keep from sinking to the bottom of the pan as it bakes)
- powdered sugar (a few pinches to dust the top when done baking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F Spray and flour 10 inch diameter Bundt pan Whisk all the flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Whisk in Splenda using an electric mixer (on lowest speed the entire time) beat margarine into dry ingredients until light and fluffy (do NOT over mix as it will cause the gluten in the flour to make the mixture"tough" when baked)
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in orange peel and vanilla. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean, about 40-45 min (when baking whole grains keep a close watch near the end to prevent over baking and browning)
- Cool cake in pan on rack for 15 min. Using plastic spatula loosen the sides and center.
- Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely before cutting. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve transfer cake to plate and sprinkle powdered sugar over if desired. It can be made a day in advance.