Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are INCREDIBLE--I could eat the whole recipe! Whenever I make these, the recipe is requested. Try them, you'll love them.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- pastry dough
- Roll out pastry and cut to fit tart tins (I use mini tarts but you can use muffin tins-this will increase the cooking time) preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, whisk egg, syrup, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, mix sugar and flour.
- Stir into egg mixture with butter.
- Divide berries into uncooked pastry shells.
- Pour egg mixture to top of shells.
- Bake 18-23 minutes.
- Remove tarts from tins immediately or the sugar will harden and they will stick tarts will firm up as they cool.
These were a big hit at a party that I took them to. They were quick and easy and a nice change from the traditional buttertart. They are also not as sweet.
did the recipe tonight... got my neighbor to try... he love them and ask for the recipe... so I decided to do a second batch to take to church... they are lovely ... and taste great... thanks Erinn for such a delightful recipe... but on my second batch i forgot to add the melted butter... I tasted one and it is still good... but the first batch is better since i did not forget the butter... thanks for posting the recipe... the recipe picture caught my attention... lovely picture and mine looks just as good....
These are nice, I still prefer the regular Butter Tarts, but these are a nice change and not as sweet. Next time I will bake an extra few minutes as they were still a little too soft and hard to eat, but they were good enough that there will be a next time! I used some frozen Wild Blueberries from Walmart which were little tiny bluberries, they worked out great, next time I'll try regular Blueberries.