Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful tasting blueberry "bundt" coffee cake, with a citrus glaze. A boxed yellow cake mix, (with pudding in the mix) fresh blueberries, and cream cheese, are some of the main ingredients in this cake. This cake stayed moist for several days in my glass cake pan, which also inverts to one of those punch bowls.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat together 1-2 minutes, the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and the eggs.
- Beat in the vegetable oil, and then the cake mix, until all is incorporated.
- Gently stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake cake in oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a wooden tooth pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- After removing cake from oven, let cake set in the bundt pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan, and let cool completely before drizzling on the glaze.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together, and drizzle it over the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.
- *Note: When I baked this cake, I did so for only 45 minutes, as my oven does get quite hot.
- Also, when making the citrus glaze for the cake, start out with 1 cup of the powdered sugar, then add more if need be, to get the right consistency. I found 1-1/4 cups was just the right amount for me, but it does make quite a bit of the glaze.