Recipe by ellie_
This is a great way to use blueberries or frozen cherries which everyone enjoys. Delicious served warm with whipped cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (April 1986)
Top Review by Baby Kato
We enjoyed the flavor of the buckle it was lovely, quick and easy to make with nice results. Great blueberry flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray (or grease pan with butter or margarine).
- Cream 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup sugar using an electric mixer (3 minutes).
- Add egg and continue beating another minute.
- Sift together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter/sugar mixture.
- Pour dough into prepared pan.
- Cover dough with berries.
- Cream together 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and cinnamon and blend until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over blueberries.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.