Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great way to use blueberries or frozen cherries which everyone enjoys. Delicious served warm with whipped cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (April 1986)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray (or grease pan with butter or margarine).
- Cream 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup sugar using an electric mixer (3 minutes).
- Add egg and continue beating another minute.
- Sift together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter/sugar mixture.
- Pour dough into prepared pan.
- Cover dough with berries.
- Cream together 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and cinnamon and blend until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over blueberries.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
We enjoyed the flavor of the buckle it was lovely, quick and easy to make with nice results. Great blueberry flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
Hmmmmm....not sure about this one. I thought it would be fabulous, and maybe it was my fault that it wasn't. I may have baked it too long (the full 60 min.) because I was waiting for it to bubble, but it never did! As a result it was on the (very) dry side, and the bottom was way too brown. Next time I will try it in a glass pan instead of a non see through one, so I can watch the bottom.