My grandkids love this simple dessert from Aces, Best of Bridge.
Make and share this Blueberry Buckle recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in egg.
- Mix in half the flour mixture, followed by milk.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Prepare topping immediately.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Using 2 knives or pastry cutter, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle over blueberries.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This was absolutely perfect!! We LOVED this recipe!! I'll be making this a lot i'm sure!! ;) :) Thanks so much, Vic!! Thinking of ya!! ((HUGS!)) :) Oops, forgot to say, had to use dark brown sugar because that's what I had, and it worked just fine! Also added 1 tsp. vanilla to the batter was all, just because I LOVE vanilla!
Just what I was looking for to make a blueberry treat for my family with some blueberries I could not resist at the store. Great instructions. Followed recipe exactly, turned out perfectly. Rave reviews from family. Thanks for posting.