Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really amazing dessert that everyone gobbles up,everytime! From Better Homes, Simply Better.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- whipping cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Stir together 2 Cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 Cup sugar and 1/4 Cup butter. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Add egg, beat until fluffy.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to egg mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 Cup sugar, 1/3 Cup flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1/4 Cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping over batter, sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream, if desired.
I found this a little dry, but I may have over cooked it. A dollop of whipped cream fixed it quick, and my dinner guests were raving about it. I froze the second half and took it to my Mums a few weeks later and the texture was much more moist from having been frozen. All in all a very yummy recipe.
The very best I have tried, I even used this with different fruits,,,
This was excellant. We loved this cake. It was fast & easy to put together. The cake was moist and tender, filled with blueberries and the topping was crunchy and sweet. A wonderful combination of flavour and textures. Thanks so much for sharing Mooseybear. Another recipe for the keeper box.