Recipe by Donna Corbin
This is kind of like a blueberry coffee cake. Very good with fresh blueberries. A summertime favorite with my family.
Top Review by junebugluvs5
I was looking for my own Blueberry Buckle recipe and realized that it was on my old computer which crashed. I found this one which looked very similiar to the one I had except I added a tsp of lemon juice ( I remembered my recipe called for it). I also doubled the recipe to fit a 13 x 9 inch cake pan. The end results were FABULOUS! The middle did not bake as fast as the outer part of the cake, so I covered the done parts with foil so It would not burn while the center finished baking. The cake was very moist and yummy! Thank you for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; add sugar and beat until light.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Fold in berries.
- Pour into greased pan (9x9x2).
- To make the crumb topping, blend all the ingredients for it together.
- Sprinkle with Crumb topping.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven (375 F) for about 35 minutes.