Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is kind of like a blueberry coffee cake. Very good with fresh blueberries. A summertime favorite with my family.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter; add sugar and beat until light.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Fold in berries.
- Pour into greased pan (9x9x2).
- To make the crumb topping, blend all the ingredients for it together.
- Sprinkle with Crumb topping.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven (375 F) for about 35 minutes.
I was looking for my own Blueberry Buckle recipe and realized that it was on my old computer which crashed. I found this one which looked very similiar to the one I had except I added a tsp of lemon juice ( I remembered my recipe called for it). I also doubled the recipe to fit a 13 x 9 inch cake pan. The end results were FABULOUS! The middle did not bake as fast as the outer part of the cake, so I covered the done parts with foil so It would not burn while the center finished baking. The cake was very moist and yummy! Thank you for posting!
Very easy to make and delicious! The topping was perfect. Next time, I want to add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla to the egg mixture. I had to bake just an extra 5 minutes.
We loved it. Thanks for posting.