Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light magazine. Very good!
Make and share this Blueberry Brunch Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind or 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan with cooking spray, line with parchment or wax paper.
- Coat bottom and sides with cooking spray; dust with 1 T.
- Combine granulated sugar and butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add egg and egg white; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; sir well with a whisk.
- Combine the buttermilk, orange juice, lemon rind and 1 t.
- vanilla in another small bowl.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, Fold in 1 ½ cups blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Combine turbinado sugar and nutmeg in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove sides from pan.
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, and 1 t.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature with sour cream mixture and a sprinkling of blueberries.