1 hr 5 mins
From Cooking Light magazine. Very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind or 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Coat bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan with cooking spray, line with parchment or wax paper.
- 3Coat bottom and sides with cooking spray; dust with 1 T.
- 5Combine granulated sugar and butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- 6Add egg and egg white; beat well.
- 7Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with knife.
- 8Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; sir well with a whisk.
- 9Combine the buttermilk, orange juice, lemon rind and 1 t.
- 10vanilla in another small bowl.
- 11Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, Fold in 1 ½ cups blueberries.
- 12Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 13Combine turbinado sugar and nutmeg in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- 14Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 15Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.
- 16Remove sides from pan.
- 17Combine sour cream, yogurt, and 1 t.
- 19Serve cake warm or at room temperature with sour cream mixture and a sprinkling of blueberries.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Brunch Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 244.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: