Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Basically blueberry french toast baked in the oven. This one has to soak in the fridge overnight. I use a loaf of regular bread instead of the French bread.
- 1 loaf day-old French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Place half the bread cubes in a greased 13x9x2 pan.
- Sprinkle with blueberries.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Gradually add milk and syrup until blended.
- Pour half over the bread and blueberries.
- Top with the remaining bread.
- Top with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with more syrup.