Recipe by CJAY
This comes from William Granger. Posted for ZWT8-Australia/New Zealand.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Awesome scones!!! The recipe was so easy, using the food processor to do all the work. This is a definite keeper and I will be making them often. I am either going to try adding another tablespoon of sugar to the batter OR lightly sprinkle a little sugar over the egg wash. Even though I don't like sweet scones, I thought this one could stand a teeny bit more for my taste. Love your recipe. Thank you! Made for ZWT8 Family Picks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (superfine)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter, chilled and cubed (7 Tblsp)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked, plus 1 egg beaten with 1 Tblsp. milk, for glazing
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, tossed lightly in flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 400*.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor, until fully combined. Add the butter and continue pulsing until it is roughly combined. There will still be lumps of butter. Tip the mixture into a bowl, and stir in the eggs and cream with a knife. Gently mix in the blueberries with your hands.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press it into a 6 x 6-inch square. Cut the pastry into quarters, then halve each quarter. Place the scones onto the prepared baking tray and brush with the egg and milk glaze. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm with butter, if you like.