1/1 Photo of Blueberry Breakfast Scones
This comes from William Granger. Posted for ZWT8-Australia/New Zealand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (superfine)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1/2 ounces unsalted butter, chilled and cubed (7 Tblsp)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked, plus 1 egg beaten with 1 Tblsp. milk, for glazing
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, tossed lightly in flour
- 1Preheat an oven to 400*.
- 2Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- 3Pulse the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a food processor, until fully combined. Add the butter and continue pulsing until it is roughly combined. There will still be lumps of butter. Tip the mixture into a bowl, and stir in the eggs and cream with a knife. Gently mix in the blueberries with your hands.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press it into a 6 x 6-inch square. Cut the pastry into quarters, then halve each quarter. Place the scones onto the prepared baking tray and brush with the egg and milk glaze. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm with butter, if you like.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Breakfast Scones
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 181.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g