Recipe by Katie @ Produce On Parade
Blueberry Breakfast Polenta with Toasted Coconut is the perfect fix to your oatmeal blues. Try this breakfast and think outside the "oatmeal" box! Toasted coconut chips give a wonderful and toasty crunch, the sweet corn kernels are delightful bursts of texture and the show-stealer of this dish is of course the wild blueberries!
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups coconut milk, and a little extra for serving I use Silk Original Coconut Milk
- 1 cup dry polenta
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries, I used wild frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- To toast the coconut chips, if already not toasted, bake at 300 F on a clean cookie baking sheet for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan bring 3½ cups of coconut milk to a boil. Add the dry polenta and whisk continually for about 5 minutes, until it’s very thick.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of coconut milk as well as the sweet corn kernels. Whisk well to combine and then remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients excluding the coconut chips and the blueberries and stir well to combine.
- Garnish each bowl with a quarter of the coconut chips and the blueberries.
- Pour however much milk you’d like over the polenta and serve warm.