Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Blueberry Breakfast Polenta with Toasted Coconut is the perfect fix to your oatmeal blues. Try this breakfast and think outside the "oatmeal" box! Toasted coconut chips give a wonderful and toasty crunch, the sweet corn kernels are delightful bursts of texture and the show-stealer of this dish is of course the wild blueberries!
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups coconut milk, and a little extra for serving I use Silk Original Coconut Milk
- 1 cup dry polenta
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries, I used wild frozen
- To toast the coconut chips, if already not toasted, bake at 300 F on a clean cookie baking sheet for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan bring 3½ cups of coconut milk to a boil. Add the dry polenta and whisk continually for about 5 minutes, until it’s very thick.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of coconut milk as well as the sweet corn kernels. Whisk well to combine and then remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients excluding the coconut chips and the blueberries and stir well to combine.
- Garnish each bowl with a quarter of the coconut chips and the blueberries.
- Pour however much milk you’d like over the polenta and serve warm.