1/1 Photo of Blueberry Breakfast Polenta With Toasted Coconut
Katie @ Produce On Parade's Note:
Blueberry Breakfast Polenta with Toasted Coconut is the perfect fix to your oatmeal blues. Try this breakfast and think outside the "oatmeal" box! Toasted coconut chips give a wonderful and toasty crunch, the sweet corn kernels are delightful bursts of texture and the show-stealer of this dish is of course the wild blueberries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups coconut milk, and a little extra for serving I use Silk Original Coconut Milk
- 1 cup dry polenta
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries, I used wild frozen
- 1To toast the coconut chips, if already not toasted, bake at 300 F on a clean cookie baking sheet for about 15 minutes.
- 2In a medium saucepan bring 3½ cups of coconut milk to a boil. Add the dry polenta and whisk continually for about 5 minutes, until it’s very thick.
- 3Add the remaining ½ cup of coconut milk as well as the sweet corn kernels. Whisk well to combine and then remove from heat.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients excluding the coconut chips and the blueberries and stir well to combine.
- 5Garnish each bowl with a quarter of the coconut chips and the blueberries.
- 6Pour however much milk you’d like over the polenta and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Oatmeal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oatmeal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Breakfast Polenta With Toasted Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1347.0
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 51.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 476.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 211.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 171.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g